Monday, October 19, 2009

Normally i try and think of a clever title to each of these posts but this time i think ill wait for that to be the last thing. Recently I have started realizing a few things, that at my age i share a common ground with every other person on this planet. I have a want/need/desire/interest/whatever in finding that special someone. Although, after just starting to read 'wild at heart' I've realized that there is a fatal flaw in my thinking, as well as many men. we've been taught that the ultimate goal, the end of the level after beating bowzer, all that good stuff has always been to get the girl. Then what? That's it? Don't take this the wrong way guys and girls but deep down I'm starting to think that women don't want to be the damsel in distress. They don't want to be the pinnacle of your story. Why? Lets think about it, were going on our adventure and once we reach that point its over. Wheres the excitement after it? the simple answer is, there isn't. It breaks my heart to see my friends struggling with things like this and that has been my motivation for writing this. i love all my friends and want nothing but the best for them and hope that somehow this helps who its supposed to. Every person has an adventure to go on. every Clyde needs a bonnie. the courtship and the relationship should be just a chapter in your book and be right before that new adventure comes and sweeps you both away as your swept downriver on an adventure of a lifetime. I'm still barley penning my first chapters in my book, and i hope to have many more risk taking moments...
i don't have anything else to say for now but i hope this opens up to bring in some dialogue and hopefully get me to dig deeper and find out more about myself as well as you the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment